Please read eligibility criteria, role description and application details below.
An organised administrator who is good at managing more than one task at the same time and has very strong attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines and targets; flexibility and the ability to plan months in advance; a professional and friendly manner; a strong eye for detail and being super organised, and most importantly, a passion to help others is essential for this role.
Skills and experience needed:
– SERVE measures experience based on quality of experience obtained, rather than in time passed and welcomes applicants at all stages of their career
– Proven Customer Care/ Fundraising / Administration experience
– An understanding of fundraising activities such as events, corporate giving, and individual fundraising
– Inbound and outbound phone experience, with a proven track-record of data entry and working against timescale and deadlines
– Exceptional time-management, organisational, and planning ability
– Proven exceptional customer service experience
– Excellent and engaging written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills with an ability to build relationships with supporters and co-workers
– Professional and warm telephone manner
– Excellent and accurate administrative and analytical skills with strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel and Word, and knowledge of MS Dynamics is an advantage.
– High levels of personal and professional integrity
– You must be able to work autonomously and as part of the small but dynamic SERVE team based in Cork. We are a busy, high-performing team, and provide a friendly, fun, and supportive team environment.
– A hard-working and proactive individual will thrive while gaining valuable experience in the charity sector and will have various learning opportunities to realise and grow your potential.
Key duties and responsibilities
– This is a full-time position that requires occasional evening and weekend work around events.
– Full, clean driving license and access to a car is essential.
– First point of contact for all donors, community fundraisers and fundraising enquiries via phone, post and email and day to day
– Preparing monthly donor reports and track donation trends
– Accurate management of online fundraising pages – JustGiving, Stripe, Donor box and others
– Being the key contact for bespoke fundraising events, such as outdoor challenges, and leading on communications for these events
– Manage the fulfilment of campaign/supporter fundraising materials including sponsorship cards, information packs and campaign and promotional material
– Fulfilment of thank you letters, emails, and receipts, including printing, packing, and posting. Ensuring details and personalisation are correct and the inclusion of necessary materials (e.g., flip flop pins, leaflets, certificates, thank you cards)
– Input and maintain accurate donor, fundraiser, and community fundraiser data on CRM system. Ensure the CRM is streamlined and efficient to manage processing of incoming fundraisers
– Research and assist the Programmes and Administration Manager with the growth of corporate and business fundraising
– Support the wider team with any ad-hoc administrative tasks, especially events focused and corporate fundraisers
– Support Communications Officer with content for online and offline fundraising communications
– On-going support and encouragement for the SERVE overseas volunteer programme
– Conduct thank you and welcome calls to supporters and donors
– Administration and growth of regular giving donors
– Attending cheque presentations and Events on the day
– Driving continuous engagement with SERVE donors, volunteers, and alumni
– Comply with policies and procedures, relevant professional codes of conduct and standards, regulation and legislation governing charities activities, including Data Protection and GDPR
– Ensuring all Charity Regulator requirements are met and ensuring the Charities Institute Ireland’s Triple Lock Standards are adhered to.
Please send a cover letter and CV in pdf format to email@example.com on or before Monday January 30th 2023.
If you have any questions in relation to this position, please do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org
SERVE is an equal opportunities employer. All applicants should have the legal right to live and work in Ireland before applying for this position.