Events Volunteers Needed SERVE seeks festive and sociable volunteers to assist us at our upcoming Christmas markets around Cork City. The markets will take place
Programmes and Administration Manager (Maternity Leave Cover)
SERVE are recruiting a Programmes and Administration Manager to join our small dynamic team. Reporting to the Chairperson, the Programmes and Administration Manager will be responsible for the management of the organisation’s fundraising and communications as well as volunteer and educational programmes.
- Contract: Maternity Cover – 1 Year fixed term
- Location: Blackrock, Cork / Hybrid
- Work hours: Full time (37.5 hours) with flexitime
- Ideal Start date: Mid- late June 2023
SERVE is a development and volunteering organisation committed to tackling the root causes of poverty to achieve justice, equality, and opportunities for all. SERVE invests in long-term, authentic partnerships with locally led community-based organisations and schools. SERVE’s current programme portfolio includes projects in Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Zambia, India, Philippines and South Africa as well as Global Citizenship Education (GCE) programmes and advocacy in Schools and communities in Ireland.
SERVE are recruiting a Programmes and Administration Manager to join our small, dynamic team. Reporting to the Chairperson, the Programmes and Administration Manager will be responsible for the management of the organisation’s fundraising, communications as well as volunteer and educational programmes. This role will be managing three people: the Communications Officer, Fundraising and Events Administrator, and the Volunteer Programme and GCE Coordinator. The Programmes and Administration Manager will also work closely with sector wide peers and SERVE’s overseas partners. The most essential part of this role is to nurture a values-based team approach allowing space for the team to innovate, learn and grow and have trust in the team as well as the importance of supporting and developing the team.
Given the international nature of SERVE’s work the role may require international travel.
The ideal candidate for this position will have demonstrable experience in similar roles and will have knowledge and experience of the key aspects of the following responsibilities: –
- Manage and grow SERVE’s fundraising portfolio
- Working closely with the SERVE Fundraising and Events Coordinator to develop and deliver a programme of fundraising campaigns and community events.
- Provide strategic direction and ensure effective delivery of SERVE fundraising activities.
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships with individuals, schools, companies, and community groups as well as fundraisers and potential small donors.
- Manage and grow SERVE’s communications and marketing
- Work closely with the Communications Officer to produce high quality communications to share SERVE’s work.
- Assist with content creation for website and social media.
- Strategically build and grow SERVE’s profile with the public to ensure growing levels of financial and non-financial support.
- Manage and monitor SERVE’s international Volunteer Programme and Global Citizenship Education (GCE)
- Working closely with the SERVE Volunteer Programme and GCE Coordinator for all aspects of Volunteer Programmes, GCE programmes and School programmes.
- Identify and support opportunities for volunteering with our partners.
- Contribute towards meeting international best practice in programme management and in line with SERVE policies and sector wide approaches.
- Organisational Management/ Other
- General office management, managing the day-to-day administration of a small organisation including but not limited to; managing subscriptions and memberships, banking, payroll and ensuring a tidy and clean office as well keeping an organised cloud-based file storage system and CRM database.
- Supporting the SERVE team in their development and processes, carrying out performance reviews and evaluations.
- Preparing reporting materials for Board Meetings (quarterly and annual reporting) and sector wide organisations such as Dochas and Comhlámh.
- Partner Relationship management
- Ensure strong collaboration between SERVE and its overseas partners including key contacts and partner liaisons.
- Assist partners throughout the project/programme cycle – applying best practice in line with our commitment to sustainable results.
- Collaborative decision-making approach with an understanding of the importance of process and team work to shape and achieve results.
- Enthusiastic, efficient, and responsible individual.
- Strong attention to detail and determined to ensure all administrative functions are prioritised.
- Well-organised, ability to work on own initiative and as part of a small team.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including verbal and written as well as the ability to influence and motivate others.
- Practical and action orientated.
- Understanding of International Development and SERVE’s mission and values.
- Ability to adapt to the changing needs of a small charity and shift priorities accordingly.
- Employs active listening skills and responds to prospects, supporter, volunteer, and team needs in a timely manner.
Qualifications and experience:
- Educated to level 8 degree, in a management discipline.
- At least 2 years work experience in a management or leadership role.
- Proven high level administration experience.
- Experience working within teams/groups.
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills are required.
- Strong relationship management skills.
- Proven experience managing projects or programmes.
- Strong communications and report writing skills.
Core IT skills required:
- IT literate with excellent administration experience with Microsoft Office 365.
- Good understanding of GDPR.
- Database Management experience (training provided on Microsoft CRM Dynamics).
- Experience in event management or marketing.
- Human Resources and people management experience.
- Overseas experience in International Development and/or Non-Profit Charity sector in Ireland.
- Understanding and knowledge of the global justice issues that are core to SERVE’s programme of work.
- Knowledge of Safeguarding best practice.
- Health and Safety knowledge – first aid, fire warden, manual handling, appropriate Covid response co-ordination.
All applications are subject to our shortlisting process; if you are shortlisted, we will contact you and invite you to attend an interview.
- We offer a flexible hybrid office / working from home culture.
- Annual leave: 20 days per annum pro rata.
- A friendly team environment with hard-working and passionate individuals that want to make a difference in people’s lives.
- Valuable experience and various learning opportunities to realise and grow your potential.
Employment checks and eligibility
SERVE is an equal opportunities employer. All applicants must have the legal right to live and work in Ireland before applying. All offers of employment are made subject to the following criteria: Proof of eligibility and satisfactory employment screening, relevant background checks including working with children and two employment references.
How to apply
Please submit your CV (max 3 pages) with a cover letter (max 1 page) indicating your suitability for the role and motivation for applying to Paula Quigley firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 12th May 2023.
Further information and enquiries about the role are welcome and should also be sent to the above email address. For more information about SERVE please visit www.serve.ie.
You may also like
SERVE hosts 5-a-side Soccer Tournament to help fund their overseas development programmes on Saturday September 10th 2022 Nemo Rangers GAA Club, Douglas, Cork.
Solidarity with Ukraine Irish Charity SERVE like so many other citizens and groups are deeply perplexed by the unfolding tragedy being inflicted on the Ukrainian
Join our Newsletter
Subscribe today for free and stay up to date with our latest news and events.