SERVE 4 Peaks Challenge 2022
Date: 24th to 26th June
Join us in climbing Ireland’s 4 highest provincial peaks in one weekend. Climb in solidarity with our partners. Your every step will help raise vital funds to help empower women and young people in Asia and Africa.
Your options to climb the 4 Peaks Challenge
There are two options to join the SERVE 4 Peaks Challenge –
- Option 1: Join any one peak to climb during the weekend.
- Option 2: Join all 4 peaks during the weekend.
When you sign up for this challenge, you are directly assisting women and young people on their uphill climb towards a prosperous life.
Watch Our Announcement Video
Eamonn McKnight describes the SERVE 4 Peaks Challenge
Clare McKnight explains the impact of SERVE 4 Peaks Challenge
Why climb the 4 Peaks?
Our partners work with vulnerable women and young people in Asia and Africa. This difficult challenge represents their obstacles to live with dignity.
Climb the four highest provincial peaks in 3 days to increase awareness:
- About their challenges like lack of skills training and access to employment opportunities.
- Of the various stereotypes that women and young people have to overcome to gain self-empowerment.
Everything you need to know
- Carrauntoohil, Co. Kerry (1,038m)
- Mweelrea, Co. Mayo (814m)
- Slieve Donard, Co. Down (925m)
- Lugnaquilla, Co. Wicklow (850m)
- Thurs 23rd June (evening): We have an early morning climb the next day so we ask climbers to meet us in Killarney to stay in Neptune Hostel and enjoy a Mozambique style coconut curry as they meet all the climbers taking part.
- Fri 24th June: Rise early and travel to Cronin’s yard to climb Carrauntoohil. Once completed, travel to the Wild Atlantic Hostel at Delphi Resort, Co. Mayo.
- Sat 25th June: Rise early and take a short drive to climb Mweelrea. Once completed, travel to Rostrevor, Co. Down for a night of glamping and banter around a campfire in East Coast Adventure.
- Sun 26th June: An early rise to drive to Newcastle and climb Slieve Donard first. Once completed, travel to Co. Wicklow to climb the last mountain, Lugnaquilla.
The challenge finishes with a celebratory party after the last climb in the Glenmalure Lodge, Co. Wicklow.
Single day climb option 1:
We have spaces left and are now opening up individual sign ups for those who want to join for one climb, rather than the whole weekend. You must be able to meet us at the mountain starting point on the day of the climb. Please contact us directly if you require accommodation.
Full weekend Challenge option 2:
Alternatively, you can join this challenge with a team because you can fundraise together and travel in one car for the weekend.
Join with friends, family, neighbours, colleagues or even a group of aspiring adventurers from your local club!
We ask for a maximum of five people per team (to fit into one car).
Each team must nominate a driver. Drivers cannot climb for the health and safety of all the team when driving long distances between each climb.
Climbers must be in good health, have appropriate hiking gear and have a reasonable fitness level. While prior hill walking or hiking experience is not essential, training must undertaken in preparation for the event.
Do this challenge and fundraise to support SERVE’s work with it’s overseas partners to support educational, entrepreneurship and skills training programmes for women and young people in Southern Africa and Asia, so that they can obtain decent employment and work opportunities and live a dignified life.
Option 1 Registration fee (single day climb):
€40 per person
This registration fee covers the cost of the mountain guide & insurance.
Option 2 Registration fee (full weekend climb):
Team Cost: €750 / £650 = (€150 /£130 per person)
This registration fee covers weekend costs of the event:
- 3 nights Bed & Breakfast
- Qualified and highly experienced mountain guides for each mountain
- Refreshments and hot beverages before/after each climb
- A celebratory party with finger food after the last climb in the Glenmalure Lodge, Co. Wicklow
- A fairtrade SERVE t-shirt and a SERVE stainless steel reusable water bottle
- SERVE 4 peaks challenge pack – everything you need to know to get you 4peaks-ready!
Fundraising target: this is only a target & we ask you to do your best to reach it.
The fundraising target an individual doing option 1 (single day climb) is €100.
The fundraising target for taking part in option 2 (full weekend climb) is €500 per person or €2500 / £2000 per team (Teams of 5).
This fundraising target goes directly towards SERVE’s work.
The SERVE team is here to help you reach your target by providing support and advice. We will provide you with an online fundraising page, sponsorship cards, t-shirts and many other resources.
- Scroll down and fill in the form below
- You will be asked to register your Team Name & input your details on the form
- The SERVE team will be in contact with you to confirm details and check your team details, or if you require help forming a team and then will instruct you on how to pay the registration fee.
- What’s it all about? The 4 Peaks Challenge is a great way to spend a fun weekend outdoors with your friends or colleagues while raising much needed funds for SERVE.
- Can anyone participate? All participants must be in good health and have a reasonable fitness level. The nominated driver must have a valid drivers licence and car insurance.
- What do I need to bring?
- Heavy fleece/wind stopper
- Hat and gloves
- Waterproof jacket
- Platypus/water bottle (3L)
- Spare dry base layers
- Walking trousers
- Walking boots
- Sunglasses/sun protection
- Dry sack (20/30L)
- Waterproof bag cover
- Energy bars/snacks
- Casual wear for evening
- Wash kit & trek towel
- Sleeping bag and travel pillow