SERVE hosts 5-a-side Soccer Tournament to help fund their overseas development programmes on Saturday September 10th 2022 Nemo Rangers GAA Club, Douglas, Cork.
SERVE is hiring interns/expert volunteers in different roles to join our team!
SERVE is recruiting interns/expert volunteers to join the team in different roles during the year. The intern/volunteers will be reporting to the Programmes and Administration Manager to join our small dynamic team.
- Duration: project based
- Location: Blackrock, Cork / Hybrid
- Work hours: various
- Role: various
- Ideal start date: various
SERVE is a development and volunteering organisation committed to tackling the root causes of poverty to achieve justice, equality, and opportunities for all. SERVE invests in long-term, authentic partnerships with locally led community-based organisations and schools. SERVE’s current programme portfolio includes projects in Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Zambia, India, Philippines and South Africa as well as Global Citizenship Education (GCE) programmes and advocacy in Schools and communities in Ireland.
Different Roles Available:
- Support SERVE fundraising
- – Work closely with and assist with fundraising campaigns and community events.
- Support SERVE’s communications and marketing
- – Work closely with and assist the Communications Officer to produce high quality communications to share SERVE’s work.
- – Assist with content creation for website and social media.
- Support SERVE’s Volunteer Programme and Global Citizenship Education (GCE)
- – Working closely and assist with the SERVE Volunteer Programme and GCE Coordinator for all aspects of Volunteer Programmes, GCE programmes and School programmes.
- Partner Relationship management
- Ensure strong collaboration between SERVE and its overseas partners including key contacts and partner liaisons.
- Assist partners throughout the project/programme cycle – applying best practice in line with our commitment to sustainable results.
- – Efficient, and responsible individual.
- – Attention to detail.
- – Collaborative decision-making approach with an understanding of the importance of process and team work to shape and achieve results.
- – Well-organised, ability to work on own initiative and as part of a small team.
- – Excellent interpersonal skills.
- – Strong communication skills – verbal and written.
- – Demonstrated skills in creative thinking.
- – Understanding of International Development and SERVE’s mission and values.
- – A sound understanding and commitment to SERVE’s missions and values.
- – Work cooperatively and successfully with SERVE team members to complete relevant tasks with the roles mentioned above.
Qualifications and experience to join as an Intern:
- – The candidate would ideally be a graduate, with demonstrable interest in pursuing or continuing a career in International Development or similar.
Qualifications and experience required to join as Expert Volunteer:
- – At least 2 years relevant work experience in one/more of the above roles
- – Strong relationship management skills.
- – Proven experience managing projects or programmes.
- – Strong communications and report writing skills.
Core IT skills required for above roles as Intern/Volunteer:
- – IT literate with excellent administration experience with Microsoft Office 365.
- – Good understanding of GDPR.
- – Database Management experience (training provided on Microsoft CRM Dynamics).
- – Experience in event management or marketing.
- – Human Resources and people management experience.
- – Overseas experience in International Development and/or Non-Profit Charity sector in Ireland.
- – Understanding and knowledge of the global justice issues that are core to SERVE’s programme of work.
All applications are subject to our shortlisting process; if you are shortlisted, we will contact you and invite you to attend an interview.
- – We offer a flexible hybrid office / working from home culture.
- – A friendly team environment with hard-working and passionate individuals that want to make a difference in people’s lives.
- – Valuable experience and various learning opportunities to realise and grow your potential.
Employment checks and eligibility
SERVE is an equal opportunities employer. All applicants must have the legal right to live and work in Ireland before applying. All offers of employment are made subject to the following criteria: Proof of eligibility and satisfactory employment screening, relevant background checks including working with children and two employment references.
Complete the form below to apply.
Option 1: Please upload your CV (max 3 pages) with a cover letter (max 1 page) indicating your suitability for the role and motivation for applying. Files should be in pdf format only.
Option 2: You can also send us an introduction video no more that 4 mins in length. Please be sure to share a link to a video on YouTube only.
Further information and enquiries about the role are welcome and should be sent to Nicola O’Sullivan firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about SERVE please visit www.serve.ie.
Please complete the form below
Join our Newsletter
Subscribe today for free and stay up to date with our latest news and events.